Friday, April 4, 2014

It's All About the Plan

So this is my last day off work before I start full time next week. I had two days orientation this week and that really opened my eyes to what this job is going to mean for my "get healthy hustle".


This job is different from my last one in a couple of ways. I have set hours here. There I was salary and while my day started around 5 AM I didn't have a set time I had to be at the office so I wasn't rushed in the morning. I also didn't have a set time for lunch. At this job I need to leave my house by 7 AM to be at work on time and I have a 30 minute lunch. I also will not be getting home until 5:30. To me that all means that to be successful I need a plan! If I don't have one I will resort to gas station pizza for breakfast, Wendy's for lunch, and something thrown together for dinner.

So today, on my last day home, that is my plan. To make a plan. Healthy isn't just going to happen, so here we go. I will be planning a week of quick and easy grab and go breakfasts, lunches I can take with me, and what we are going to have for dinner. I usually shop for 2 weeks at a time but since this is new I am doing one week.

I will also go to the store and buy groceries so there are no excuses! It is raining and nasty so I was thinking the store could wait until tomorrow but then *gasp* I realized I only have 2 Kcups left.

No coffee constitutes an emergency situation. One I am willing to brave the rain for. Needless to say, I will be going shopping today!

No comments:

Post a Comment