Thursday, April 3, 2014

How to Get Healty

So Day 3's email is about how. So how will I get healthy?

I can tell you how I won't do it. I won't get healthy by doing what I have always done! I have thought about it and pinpointed 3 specific things that I need to change if I am going to get healthy.

1. I need to plan out our meals.

My current method is... open cabinet. Nothing looks good. Open fridge. Nothing looks good. Go back to cabinet. Surprise nothing new has magically appeared. Go back to fridge nope still no magic there either. Either order pizza or cook something quick and unhealthy as a last resort.



So this weekend I will develop a meal plan for all three meals for next week and go shopping for what I need. My problem isn't so much that I don't like healthy foods as that I fail to plan so time to get planning.



2. I have to get off my couch and out from in front of this computer.

Not much else to say about that. I am way too inactive and I need to fix that. I plan to do it in small steps. I want to take a short walk after dinner each evening and try some bicycle riding on the weekends. I found a beginner bike trail about 30 minutes from my house so I want to try that. I also love to Kayak so once the weather warms up I will do that as well.

I also signed up for a 5K in August so I have to get ready!



3. I have to take my medication.

I am hoping that if I manage to lose some weight and start exercising I can get off the medication but for now my blood pressure is sky high and I have scary wicked chest pains when I don't take the medication so until I get the rest of myself healthy my medication is a key component.

So here are my three hows so time to Hustle Up and make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment